GAMECLUB COMMUNITY FORUMS Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to GameClub Community!
  1288684 Posts in 955134 Topics by 888219 Members Latest Member: prom-electric.ru aid-70
* HOME HELP LOGIN REGISTER 
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [GUIDE] A simple guide to Zombie Knight Mode  (Read 5188 times)
LevyDraco

Honor: +156/-99

Pinoy at heart

« on: May 07, 2015, 03:42:48 PM »

Introduction:

You think you know all there is about Zombie Mode, Hero Mode and Hero Mode Extreme? Then let us expand that knowledge and add this easy guide to the newest addition to mutation mode: Zombie Knight Mode!

Contents:

1 - Story/Concept
2 - Zombie Knight Mode
  2b - Maps
  2c - Levels and Perks for Soldiers
  2d - Levels and Perks for Mutants
3 - Tips on being the Soldier
  3b - Tips on being the Knight
4 - Tips on being the Mutant
  4b - Tips on being the Armored Mutant

Zombie Knight Mode

In this mode, when a mutant is being shot at, they will not get knocked back. It is comparable to Hero Mode Extreme except that they will also have lower health points. If they are killed with a melee weapon, it will prevent them from re-spawning back to life.

Both factions now have a level meter, which slowly fills up by itself for soldiers, while mutants infect other soldiers, get attacked and collect crates. For each level completed, soldiers will receive some perks while mutants will simply evolve. The last level transform both parties into Knights and Armored Mutants respectively.

Maps

Zombie Knight Mode has 2 new added maps and they are both exclusively for this mode only.

Mysterious Island

Secret Islands is a launch and exclusive Mutation Knight map sets on various small islands in Japan. Every section can be accessed via a bridge or multiple launch pads that are located on each island. There are 3 islands that are interconnected to each other in this map.

Players have their familiar countdown to find a decent spot to defend or a place to hide before the host infections are chosen. The following pictures are the most effective places to hold onto and survive.

Plank spot

A proper spot that overlooks the entire island. The field of view of this particular spot is superb. It covers the Temple Balcony, which is just in front of it, the entirety of the 1st island and most of the 2nd island. It is also a popular spot since half of the time, players converge in this location to defend it from the mutants.

Low-Gravity Field

These are multiple floating platforms situated on the main island. The gravity field is the same with what is in Thunder Vault. One of the most common spots on the map.

Small Tower

A small building located near the Low-Gravity Field. To get to the roof of this tower, you must jump to the highest platform of the Low-Gravity Field and jump across onto it.

Dragon Teeth

A golden dragon in the center of the second island, which soldiers may defend the mouth. This area is the birds-eye view of the entire map.

Torii

A single Torii Gate, located on the third island, which soldiers simply need to cover the stacked crates. On a personal note: I don't recommend camping in this part of the map. It is too open and there is only one way to escape. Rather than staying here, look for a better place where there are decent vantage and escape points.

Three Torii Gates

This place is located on the main island. These Torii Gates are accessible by going to the second floor of the Small Tower and jumping from it onto the first gate to the right.

Back Room

There's a small open storage room, located behind the temple, with two entrances that soldiers need to defend, but since they are not on the same side, they need to trust each other and defend their respective sides.

Personal note: Not really a good place to defend since the place is too narrow and Mutants doesn't get knocked back when they are shot at.

3rd Island's Shrubs

You must be desperate if you are camping here. Although, it is a nice hiding place.

Underpass

Only recommended if you are already a Knight. The Underpass is a nice place to defend because of its narrow corridors and tight space.

Second Island Room

This place is well hidden since Mutants prefers to go up to the Dragon Teeth and not check the room below it.

Onto the next map!

Desert Fortress

Desert Fortress is a launch and exclusive Mutation Knight map sets within a large base in the middle of the desert. It features few mounted Fal-Camos and zip-lines to access other spots or escape.

Like Mysterious Island, the same countdown applies here. They need to find a decent spot to defend before the host infections are chosen. The following pictures are the most effective places to defend and survive.

Platform

A long platform that forces mutants to jump a gap in order to access it, making it easy for soldiers to defend the spot. However, the mutants are also capable to access the platform from behind using their speed boost if active.

Personal note: This spot is one of the best camping places in this map. It is also a hotspot for players.

Catwalk

Long catwalk with a small platform at the end to hold many soldiers on it. Mutants are able to jump over the panels though. Therefore, it is recommended that soldiers make good use of shock grenades whenever possible to slow down an incoming army.

Hangar's Top

This spot is beneficial for soldiers as it features a mounted Fal-Camo. It is important to note that mutants are not only able to access the top from the series of catwalks, but also from the closest building and the long catwalk with their speed boost if active.

Tower

An elevated platform on top of a high tower where soldiers can attempt to cover the ladder. Soldiers may either jump down or use the zip-line. This spot is the birds-eye view of the map.

Levels and Perks for Soldiers

Level 1: Damage Increase - gives an additional 150% Power Damage in favor to players.
○ Additional Magazine - Adds an additional magazine to the player's main weapon.
Level 2: Two Additional Magazines - adds two additional magazine to the player's main weapon.
○ Damage Increase -  gives an additional 200% Power Damage in favor to players.
○ Heartbeat Sensors - unlocked at level 2, will highlight part of soldier radars, in a cone-shaped form, every few seconds in the direction they are facing. Any mutants found within the range of the sensor will mark their positions on radars.
Level 3: Knight - by reaching the 3rd level of the gauge, you will become the Knight character.

Levels and Perks for Mutants

Level 1: Health Regeneration - health will slowly regenerate whence a mutant stays idle.
○ Additional Health - increases the maximum health of the mutant.
○ Thermal Vision - tied to health regeneration, allows mutants to see through walls and perfectly locate soldiers as they will be highlighted in white as long the mutants do not move away from their current positions.
Level 2: Additional Health - increases the maximum health of the mutant.
Level 3: Armored Mutant - by reaching the 3rd level of the gauge, you will become the Armored Mutant character.

Tips on being the Soldier

Try and survive the chaos by being smart and prioritizing your survival above all else. You are the survivor. Act like one!

There is no "I" in "team" - Always be with a teammate whom you can trust. Not only that it will increase your chances of survival, it will also be easier to pick off lower level mutants.

Bring on the big guns! - You can trust your teammates, sure, but it will always be better to have your own firearms. These are the recommended types of firearms to bring in Zombie Knight Mode

- Machine Guns:
○ M249 Minimi
○ MG3  
○ Gatling Gun
○ RPK

- Sniper Rifles:
○ Barrett M82A1

- Shotguns:
○ Jack-Hammer
○ Armsel Striker
○ Kel-Tec KSG

- Rifles:
○ AK-47
○ M4A1

- Sub-Machine Guns:
○ Bizon PP19
○ Kriss Super V
○ Jatimatic

Locations? Location.- At the start of the round, you need to spread out. It is also helpful if you know the map as if it is the back of your hand.

○ Know where to go. Always have a plan every other round on where you will stay for the entirety of the map. Failing to do so will result in you getting infected or swarmed by the mutants.

○ Never stay in an overly crowded place before the host infection begins. There is an extremely high risk of having a host mutant in a crowded location.

○ If available, block the entrance of the spot you want to defend from other players trying to stay at the same spot. Doing this will ensure higher chances of survival.

Tips on being the Knight

At last, you are the powerful Knight. Calculate your every move and kill which mutant you need to kill. It is show time!

As the Knight, you will have two stances. The Default and the Alternative. Here are the ways in which you can fully savor your abilities as a Knight.

This is the default stance. It is called Seigan No Kamae in Japanese.

It is used for launching swift attacks against mutants. It has a high recovery rate and this enables you to strike fast.

The Way of the Samurai: the default posture applies to various blade styles. The left-click is a swift frontal slash and the right-click is for a heavy strike. When these two offensive abilities are combined, you become an unstoppable mutant slayer.

○ The left-click attack does minimal damage. This is great for lower level mutants. It is not recommended to use against Titan level mutants, or the Armored Mutant himself.

○ The right-click attack does heavy damage. This is good against higher level mutants. It can bring down a Titan with just two to three hits.

Killing Bl○w: The Killing Bl○w ability is the game changer for the Knights. This skill allows them to instantly kill mutants below level 1, or any mutant who have little health points left.

This is the Alternative Stance. It is called Ko Gasumi No Kamae in Japanese.

Guard Stance: this posture focuses on the Knight's defense.

○ When you hold right-click, your character will use its sword to block out attacks from mutants coming from the front. This prevents mutants from damaging the Knight.

○ This stance also allows you to stab mutants. It has a short range radius although, it does decent damage.

○ Pressing the spacebar combined with directional keys (W/A/S/D) allows your character to dash in any direction you choose. However, this prevents you from jumping.

Drifter: your dash ability allows you to move from one place to another in a fast movement. Running away from mutants is possible if you time your moves correctly.

○ You can use this skill to attack and immediately retreat. Making the mutants miss on hitting you.

Tips on being the Mutant

The perks of being a mutant: There's this cool thing added to Zombie Knight Mode that allows mutants to pick up crates to increase their gauge level. This makes evolving for them a lot easier.

○ Getting killed by a soldier increases the gauge level.

○ Attacking a Knight increases the gauge a whole lot faster, too!

Tips on being the Armored Mutant

The perks of being an armored mutant: after turning into this character, you are given two unique skills.

○ The first one gives you a forcefield that soaks up the damage being dealt by non-mutant characters. This gives your mutant character a sponge like resistance. The effect expires after a short while.

○ The second one gives you a war cry. The effect of this shout makes soldiers literally drop the weapon they are holding. It also stuns them for some duration of time, giving you an open window to finish them off or infect them.

Crazy Damage: your primary attacks gives you high damage output. This makes things easier for you to kill. Your secondary attack doubles this feat. Making you an unstoppable killing machine.

○ Your secondary attack is a slow, but heavy attack. It does a tremendous amount of damage to knights.

Now that you know what you need to know, it is time to put the knowledge to use and dominate the battlefield!

Shout out to:
- MeridaGODS. For helping me take the wacky pictures. You guys are great.
- To those who might learn a thing or two from this.
- A plethora of people. laugh

I will edit if necessary. I will add things if necessary. I will also revise if necessary.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 03:16:41 PM by LevyDraco » Logged

killerstalker21
Master

Honor: +222/-174

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 03:48:22 PM »

Buggiest mode yet :3

gazmull
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 09:11:41 PM »

LOL

Umm.. can I suggest how the knight's defensive stance's left click do damage to mutants... I find it risky to use that attack since it is too slow to recover and I dunno how's the damage.

Tl; dr if possible, detailed knight guide please.

Nice post anyway (y)

Ps. Jatimatic OP
LevyDraco

Pinoy at heart

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 09:18:22 PM »

LOL

Umm.. can I suggest how the knight's defensive stance's left click do damage to mutants... I find it risky to use that attack since it is too slow to recover and I dunno how's the damage.

Tl; dr if possible, detailed knight guide please.

Nice post anyway (y)

Ps. Jatimatic OP

I am always open to suggestions. Will do!

killerstalker21
Master

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 12:53:48 AM »

You actually get knocked back when you block a zombie attack.

And what i thought is that Barrett is nerfed in this mode. Tried both dragunov and barrett and they deal the same damage .-.

edit : scratch dat...
dragunov deals 100 damage while barrett deals at least 500 damage :3
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 01:18:41 PM by killerstalker21 » Logged

LevyDraco

Pinoy at heart

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 01:00:24 AM »

And what i thought is that Barrett is nerfed in this mode. Tried both dragunov and barrett and they deal the same damage .-.

What will I do with this xd the knockback you get from blocking is small. And you can't block all the attacks forever. Unless you're in a tight corner. That actually helps.

killerstalker21
Master

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 01:04:34 AM »

What will I do with this xd the knockback you get from blocking is small. And you can't block all the attacks forever. Unless you're in a tight corner. That actually helps.
Is there a "cooldown" for blocking attacks? Tried it in a corner and died lololololol

LevyDraco

Pinoy at heart

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2015, 01:16:07 AM »

Is there a "cooldown" for blocking attacks? Tried it in a corner and died lololololol

No. I don't think so. Maybe there was an opening and that got you killed. The last time I played, there was this player who just sat in a corner while a bunch of mutants tried to get their way with him. It was funny was to watch.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 01:19:14 AM by LevyDraco » Logged

gazmull
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2015, 09:07:12 AM »

No. I don't think so. Maybe there was an opening and that got you killed. The last time I played, there was this player who just sat in a corner while a bunch of mutants tried to get their way with him. It was funny was to watch.

I once did that on the dragon's mouth and laughed my butt off for a minute and the mutants were like "p*t*ng in* mo" Cheesy

Thanks for this guide anyway!
killerstalker21
Master

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2015, 09:26:40 AM »

I once did that on the dragon's mouth and laughed my butt off for a minute and the mutants were like "p*t*ng in* mo" Cheesy

no knockbacks?

gazmull
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2015, 10:06:32 AM »

no knockbacks?

There is no knockback when you stick your back on a corner Wink
killerstalker21
Master

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2015, 11:35:00 AM »

no knockbacks?

crouched or standing up? Cheesy

LevyDraco

Pinoy at heart

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2015, 02:46:13 PM »

no knockbacks?

crouched or standing up? Cheesy

Crouched and huddled up in a corner.

killerstalker21
Master

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2015, 04:33:45 PM »

Great guide :3 +1
Do you know which areas of your screen are you able to block attacks? issit the whole front or is there a certain smaller area within your screen? Cheesy

Also i found a bug, not entirely sure cuz it only happened once to me, i picked up a crate, disabled my primary, secondary, and melee attacks (so that means im just holding my axe) have you encountered this before? ... bla bla bla skip to the good part...

story time :3 :3 :3
Map: Desert Fortress
Defending on the tower, and im just there standing while two guys defending, but they failed and i had to jump out and run across the map while at least 3 zombies are chasing after me, doing the corner tricks everywhere... and it is 1:30 at that time... and im pretty sure i shud be infected cuz when i tried to climb the ladder i got stuck with a zombie and another tries to attack me beside me... but nopeeee i jump out and run away again until i become a knight

gazmull
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2015, 05:37:26 PM »

i just found out another good spot for blocking every claws Cheesy (i took damage because i stood up to take a screenshot but nevermind)

and hey ho, also found out even if the titan screamed near you, as a knight, your block mode still holds up so it doesn't look like you're still trying to block any incoming attacks but actually the shield's still up. Wink
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print

Jump to: