GAMECLUB COMMUNITY FORUMS Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Hindi na ma-log in ang iyong GameClub Account? Nakalimutan mo na ba ang password mo? Pumunta ka sa website support.gameclub.ph
  1232268 Posts in 905135 Topics by 879472 Members Latest Member: SoleGod
* HOME HELP LOGIN REGISTER 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [GUIDE] How to Improve your FPS?  (Read 25504 times)
Qeekz

Honor: +4102/-754

Kapampanga Ku, Pagmaragul Ku! 8)

« on: March 26, 2014, 02:57:17 AM »

Hey guys, so my friends and i recently talked about fps and i noticed that most of them have fps like 30-40. So i write this topic to help them improve their fps.

[For those who maybe don't know fps=Frames Per Second]

First of all, you can improve your fps from in game options if you:
   - Lower your resolutions [Option - Video]
   - Lower your texture to low [Option - Video]
   - Turn off the "save replay" button [Option - Misc]

You can also improve your fps by following this:
   - Download Ccleaner and to clear your PC from unnecessary files such as hisoty, cookies, etc...
   - You can use a game booster if you want to.
   - Close all the unnecessary background programs.
   - The emptiest your hard disk is,the better fps you will have.

If you still have bad fps, you just need better Graphic card or better processor. You can also replace your Ram with better one.
If you have 60 fps and of course above,then there is no problem with your fps. From 60 fps your eyes does not see any difference even if it is 150+.
I hope that i helped those who have fps problems. If i forgot something, feel free to comment it so our community will have better playing experience.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 05:00:18 AM by Qeekz » Logged

beelze

Honor: +1084/-747

Active again with a new PC

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 06:44:07 AM »

You can still notice a bit of lag with 60 fps and thats a horrible fps if that was your normal fps because if you see or go through smoke, thats dropping down to 50 or even 30 fps and that's already unplayable for me.

I'd recommend 100 fps as the base fps while you play so that it seems smooth even when you go through smoke.

Still an excellent guide for people with bad PCs, +1. (I'll give the +1 later since I just gave you a +1 on your other guide) xD

yojimbo21

Honor: +1078/-735

Mse:ZOWIE EC2-A//MKb: Rantopad® Mxx:GateronReds

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 04:26:05 PM »

Can I share ? .__. ?

Qeekz

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 07:13:32 PM »

Can I share ? .__. ?

Sure sir. It's free. Smiley

Qeekz

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 07:14:20 PM »

You can still notice a bit of lag with 60 fps and thats a horrible fps if that was your normal fps because if you see or go through smoke, thats dropping down to 50 or even 30 fps and that's already unplayable for me.

I'd recommend 100 fps as the base fps while you play so that it seems smooth even when you go through smoke.

Still an excellent guide for people with bad PCs, +1. (I'll give the +1 later since I just gave you a +1 on your other guide) xD

+1 for you sir. Smiley

-Chiyuuk
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 08:56:22 PM »

Try Razer Game Booster Grin
..Janno

Honor: +663/-581

"born to defend, trained to survive"

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 08:58:23 PM »

Hey guys, so my friends and i recently talked about fps and i noticed that most of them have fps like 30-40. So i write this topic to help them improve their fps.

(For those who maybe don't know fps=Frames Per Second)

First of all, you can improve your fps from ingame options if you:

- Lower your resolutions (options-->video)
   - Lower your texture to low (option-->video)
   - Turn off the "save replay" button (options-->misc)

You can also improve your fps by following this:

- Download Ccleaner and to clear your PC from unnecessary files such as hisoty,cookies,etc...
   - You can use a game booster if you want to.
   - Close all the unnecessary background programs.
   - The emptiest your hard disk is,the better fps you will have.

If you still have bad fps, you just need better Graphic card or better processor. You can also replace your Ram with better one.

If you have 60 fps and of course above,then there is no problem with your fps. From 60 fps your eyes does not see any difference even if it is 150+.

I hope that i helped those who have fps problems. If i forgot something, feel free to comment it so our community will have better playing experience.

(y)

yojimbo21

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 09:56:35 PM »

This thread/topic it's main purpose is to increase the fps. but is it good ?

Okay as TS said that "From 60 fps your eyes does not see any difference even if it is 150+." that is false. and yet true at the same time.

Common(LCD,LED) monitors have the Maximum refresh rate of 60 Hz so what is that mean ? the monitor can ONLY produce 60 frames per second. for example play wciii(Dota) at maximum settings. then play it on a 60 Hz monitor is it super Smooth !

But why in CF sometimes Having more than 60 fps. It doesn't compare with the smoothness gameplay of wciii(Dota). the answer is Fps cap or Vsync.

so what it do ? the game will lock the Frames per second to 60 fps. so with that said how do we cap the frames per second in Crossfire to experience this smoothness. try Vsync. vsync allows you to cap the frames per second to 60 fps. but capping that frames may cause Frame skip. Frame skip = not smooth at all. because forcing the gpu to only push 60 while it can do 150+. also this can be done by using Bandicam and fraps or any kind of video screen recorder.

Find in the program that set your frames into 60 fps. in this way it will lock your frames. try to play with it. from 59 fps - 60 fps - 75 fps - 99 fps -100 fps -120 fps. you will see that differences.

Note : I don't recommend capping your fps or using Vsync.

Moving on..

So having 120hz or 144 hz monitor can be enhances your gaming experience ?

Yes the higher the frames that on can see. the smoother and the better gaming experience you'll ever have.

but these gaming monitors doesn't come cheap.

Crossfire the game that utilizes cpu performance and gpu performance. to have the greatest experience you better have the decent cpu of 3.0 or higher and a decent video graphics card example gtx 650 or ati radeon 7770.

and some many cases. you do have decent computer. but you have a 60 Hz monitor. its not a problem. because even though it is not smooth like the 120 hz monitor. but the mouse movement are a lot smoother rather having below 60 fps.

But why sometimes when you shoot an enemy (having blood effects on) blood draws out of his body but damaging only 29- 33  ?

this is due to the server hosted. Ping issue. I wont tackle this because it  doesnt affect the Fps but rather the gameplay itself.

So having decent computer + 120hz is the best ! solution if you wondered having the best experience.

If you want tips on having higher fps just quote this and reply "Aye Sir ~! "

Qeekz

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 11:15:18 PM »

This thread/topic it's main purpose is to increase the fps. but is it good ?

Okay as TS said that "From 60 fps your eyes does not see any difference even if it is 150+." that is false. and yet true at the same time.

Common(LCD,LED) monitors have the Maximum refresh rate of 60 Hz so what is that mean ? the monitor can ONLY produce 60 frames per second. for example play wciii(Dota) at maximum settings. then play it on a 60 Hz monitor is it super Smooth !

But why in CF sometimes Having more than 60 fps. It doesn't compare with the smoothness gameplay of wciii(Dota). the answer is Fps cap or Vsync.

so what it do ? the game will lock the Frames per second to 60 fps. so with that said how do we cap the frames per second in Crossfire to experience this smoothness. try Vsync. vsync allows you to cap the frames per second to 60 fps. but capping that frames may cause Frame skip. Frame skip = not smooth at all. because forcing the gpu to only push 60 while it can do 150+. also this can be done by using Bandicam and fraps or any kind of video screen recorder.

Find in the program that set your frames into 60 fps. in this way it will lock your frames. try to play with it. from 59 fps - 60 fps - 75 fps - 99 fps -100 fps -120 fps. you will see that differences.

Note : I don't recommend capping your fps or using Vsync.

Moving on..

So having 120hz or 144 hz monitor can be enhances your gaming experience ?

Yes the higher the frames that on can see. the smoother and the better gaming experience you'll ever have.

but these gaming monitors doesn't come cheap.

Crossfire the game that utilizes cpu performance and gpu performance. to have the greatest experience you better have the decent cpu of 3.0 or higher and a decent video graphics card example gtx 650 or ati radeon 7770.

and some many cases. you do have decent computer. but you have a 60 Hz monitor. its not a problem. because even though it is not smooth like the 120 hz monitor. but the mouse movement are a lot smoother rather having below 60 fps.

But why sometimes when you shoot an enemy (having blood effects on) blood draws out of his body but damaging only 29- 33  ?

this is due to the server hosted. Ping issue. I wont tackle this because it  doesnt affect the Fps but rather the gameplay itself.

So having decent computer + 120hz is the best ! solution if you wondered having the best experience.

If you want tips on having higher fps just quote this and reply "Aye Sir ~! "

Dami ko palang mali. Sorry. >.<

yojimbo21

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 11:28:09 PM »

di nmn mali i said False and yet true. Smiley +1 pa rin for help sir Qeekz

Qeekz

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2014, 02:27:12 AM »

di nmn mali i said False and yet true. Smiley +1 pa rin for help sir Qeekz

Hehehe. Thanks sir Yojim. +1 din po for you. Smiley

mystyle101
Veteran

Honor: +255/-201

High on Tem Flakes

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2014, 07:52:42 AM »

60 fps is the average frame rate?
But when I play I only get 28 fps   Cry

k0langot
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2014, 10:19:10 AM »

sayang lang at dina ganyan ang fps ko ngayun...

Processor: amd fx(tm)-4100 Quad-Core Processor(4 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 8192mb ram
Card name: amd radeon HD 6800 Series
Chip type: amd radeon Graphics Processor (0x6739)
 dac type: Internal dac(400MHz)
 Display Memory: 4095 MB
 Dedicated Memory: 1011 MB
 Shared Memory: 3084 MB
 Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 12:38:37 PM by k0langot » Logged
Qeekz

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2014, 05:48:42 PM »

Minsan po nakukuha namin dito sa shop 57 pinaka lower na yun.
But sayo 28? >.<

mystyle101
Veteran

Honor: +255/-201

High on Tem Flakes

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2014, 07:00:44 PM »

Minsan po nakukuha namin dito sa shop 57 pinaka lower na yun.
But sayo 28? >.<
Medyo nakakalaro naman ako. Problema ko lang ay ang loading, sa bagal ng loading halos 2 rounds ang nakakalipas kaya wala ako masyado ma join na room. At impossible talaga mag 1v1  Undecided

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 11 Go Up Print

Jump to: